Welcome to The Cage - a series of interviews where Telesperience questions key figures and thinkers from the telecoms industry. 10 minutes; no questions barred.
In this interview Telesperience Chief Strategist Teresa Cottam asks Birdstep's CEO Lonnie Schilling about WiFi offload, and whether it's a 'necessary evil' or a great opportunity.
In this interview Teresa discusses with Lonnie Schilling the following:
- Is WiFi now a necessary evil?
- How would you advise carriers to approach their WiFi strategy?
- Have you experienced any regional differences in uptake or usage of WiFi?
- Everyone is talking about Big Data. What role does WiFi offload play in the the Big Data story?
- What 3 things should every CSP CEO be doing with regard to WiFi offload?
We hope you enjoyed listening to this interview. Here's some other Cage interviews for you.